Have you decided to undertake a weight loss program? This is very good, but to do it correctly and safely, you need to know some basic principles. In this article, we’ll describe key principles of fat loss and give some useful tips to you.
Principle 1. Adhere to fat loss diet
Diet is the basis of any slimming program. Let’s analyze what key nutrients your fat loss diet should include.
I. Proteins. Protein is the most important nutrient in your diet, no matter what you want, get rid of fat or gain muscle mass. There is a myth that a lot of protein is bad for health. This is not true, increased amounts of protein can only harm people with kidney disease. Also, protein is harmful in extreme dosages (more than 3 g per kilogram of weight). That is, if you weigh 90 kg, more than 270 g of protein can be harmful to you. However, this is very much, as this amount of protein is contained in 1 kg of chicken fillet and it is unlikely that you will eat so much.
II. Carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are used primarily for energy production. Carbohydrates are often curtailed in modern low-carbohydrate diets. However, they are also very important for the body. Most likely, you need much less carbohydrates than you use now.
III. Fats. Fat is a nutrient necessary for the body. Give priority to unsaturated fats. Do not forget about saturated ones – they should be in a healthy diet, for example, for the production of testosterone and other hormones. Do not eat trans-fats, contained in fast food, margarines and other products. They disrupt the immune system and can cause inflammation.
IV. Vitamins and minerals. Slimming creates an additional load on the body. Therefore, you need an increased amount of vitamins and minerals. They can be obtained with fruit, vegetables and other natural products. You can also use vitamin-mineral complexes.
If you find “best diet” consisting of fruit, grapefruits, kefir or porridge alone, don’t use it. Mono diets that don’t contain all necessary nutrients described above can be harmful for your health.
The key principle of fat loss is to consume fewer calories than you spend (the principle of energy balance). How do you know the calorie intake you need for daily activities? You can use a special online calculator.
Principle 2. Do sports for fat loss
Training program for bodyweight loss should include two types of exercising: strength and cardio. The optimal strength workout plan is the following:
– train all muscle groups 2-3 times a week if you are a beginner;
– train two big muscle groups a day (split routine) 2-3 times a week if you have some training experience;
– train 1-2 muscle groups a day 4-6 times a week if you are a gym expert.
WHO and American Heart Association give the following recommendations for the optimal cardio plan: 150 min of moderate intensity activity per week. That is you can do cardio 30-40 min a day 4-5 days per week.
Principle 3. Use fat loss supplements
If you train intensively, fat loss supplements can help you burn fat and give you extra energy. By the mechanism of action, fat burners are divided into 2 main groups:
- 1) Thermogenics (based on caffeine, ephedrine, etc.) which increase body temperature and metabolism;
- 2) Lipotropics (other substances, such as L-carnitine, choline) which have a variety of effects on metabolic processes.
Fat burners are almost always multicomponent. However, only a few components have scientifically proven effectiveness. Among them are caffeine, green tea extract, L-carnitine, and choline.
Principle 4 (optional). Take fat loss pills
If you want to speed up your bodyweight loss process, you can use fat loss pills. On the drug market, you can find over the counter diet pills, such as Orlistat. Most of the effective tablets are available only by prescription, so you can buy them if you have the necessary document issued by a licensed healthcare professional. It should be noted that diet pills are effective only if they are combined with appropriate diet. For example, Orlistat reduces the absorption of fats, but without diet, it causes an upset stomach and is not effective.
Important fat loss tips
Here is the list of useful fat loss tips:
1. Use fat burning diet plan developed by a healthcare professional or dietician. Of course, you can make it up on your own, but you should have special knowledge in the sphere of nutrition and sports activity, if you want your plan to be really effective.
2. Drink weight loss smoothie (those made from fresh fruit or vegetables). Smoothies contain a lot of vitamins, microelements and fiber.
3.Eat fat burning foods for men & women. Nature gives us many products containing substances that promote fat burning. They are grapefruit, pepper, mustard, ginger and others. In addition, such products will help you make your diet much tastier.
4. Do not trust people who offer a 3 week plan, 30 days fat loss plan and the like, while promising that their plans will help you lose all excess weight. The fat burning diet is a long process that is actually a way of life. If you lose fat too quickly, you will lose a lot of muscle and look unattractive. Moreover, there is a great risk that the lost pounds will soon return to you (the so-called yo-yo effect). After all, after a tough diet and exhausting training a person breaks down and starts again to eat a lot.
5. You cannot target your face fat or belly fat for bodyweight loss, but when you lose weight over the body, your face becomes slimmer. The process of losing weight affects the whole body. If you’re just doing abdominal exercises you don’t burn belly fat. Moreover, abdominal exercises are considered not very effective, as they burn very few calories compared to other exercises, especially the basic ones. Therefore, focus on such exercises as bench press, squats with rod, deadlift and others.