Many people use smoothies for weight loss. There are many celebrities weight loss stories that have made smoothies much popular. If you do not know what smoothie is, we will explain it to you. It’s a thick beverage that includes blended raw fruit/vegetables combined with other components, such as dairy products, nuts, and ice. This homemade product contains a bunch of nutrients, fiber, as well as protein and fat (depending on the components).
People who drink smoothies instead of breakfast note that they do not feel heaviness or bloatedness like after a classic morning meal including eggs, bacon, croutons and other not quite healthy foods. Breakfast smoothies contain small quantities of calories and contribute to weight loss. These drinks can be taken not only for breakfast, but also for lunch & dinner. They are perfect replacements for fat loss pills. In this article, you will learn the recommendations on making and using smoothies, as well as the best smoothie recipes for cooking excellent fruit and vegetable cocktails.
Use special components to make it effective
To prepare weight loss smoothie, you may boldly use the following products:
1) Fresh vegetables and herbs: tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, celery, dill, parsley, coriander, basil, carrots, sweet peppers, green onions.
2) Fruits fresh: apples, citrus, fresh and canned pineapple, kiwi, pear, lime, plum, apricot, cherry, raspberry, strawberry, watermelon, blackberry. You can also use frozen fruits if you do not have the opportunity to buy fresh ones. However, a frozen fruit smoothie is not as useful as a fresh fruit one.
3) Dairy products: kefir, low-fat milk, acidophilus, natural low-fat yogurt without sugar, low-fat cottage cheese. Be careful not to use dairy products if you suffer from intolerance to lactose (milk sugar).
4) Seeds: flax seeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkins, sesame seeds.
5) Nuts: crushed walnuts, Brazilian or cedar nuts. They aren’t key components of smoothies, so use them in small amounts, to sprinkle a ready smoothie from above.
6) Natural (preferably fresh) juices from fruit/vegetables.
7) Natural biostimulants & fat burners: ginger root, turmeric, green tea, etc.
8) Cereals. For example, you can use granola or bran flake cereal as a component for smoothies.
9) Vegetable oils: olive oil, coconut oil, etc. For example, using strawberries and coconut oil, you can cook delicious coconut oil weight loss smoothie with a strawberry aroma.
Make smoothies for weight loss – it is fast and easy
To make healthy smoothies, you should:
- Add all components to a blender.
- Blend the components until smooth.
- Your best smoothie is ready! Enjoy it.
Add components gradually to ensure good mixing. If you want to get a cold drink, add a little ice or use frozen products. However, we recommend using fresh components. The basis of the cocktail can be low-fat kefir or natural yogurt, for the sweetness you can add a little natural honey. Do not use high-calorie additives like sherbet, cream, and ice cream for the preparation of a cocktail.
The best recipes of Smoothies
Green smoothie Green Mix:
1 small cucumber without skin;
1 sweet green pepper, with seeds removed;
1 stem of green onion (finely chopped);
1 teaspoon of lemon juice;
1/3 of a spoonful of powdered ginger;
Coconut Mango Shake:
2 tablespoons of chia seeds;
1 cup of coconut or almond milk;
0,5 teaspoon of vanilla extract
0,5 cup of mango.
1 cup of skim milk;
1 cup of frozen or raw blueberries;
1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil.
On the Internet, you can find hundreds of green smoothie recipes, purple smoothie recipes, and so on.
Benefits for health
The product is well digested, does not cause a sense of heaviness, and promotes the normalization of metabolism. Delicious and low-calorie smoothies are widely used to treat obesity. A person can replace a meal with them. The drink contributes to normalizing of the balance of water & salt in the body, provides the necessary vitamins, minerals & other nutrients, promotes a quick quenching of hunger for several hours, preventing unnecessary snacks between the main meals. Therefore, a person doesn’t eat too much. To calculate the daily number of calories and caloric content of smoothies, you can use a calorie calculator and best weight loss apps.
Unfortunately, smoothies for weight loss are contraindicated for people having:
- severe liver and kidney disease;
- individual intolerance or allergic reaction to cocktail components;
- ailments of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage;
- ulcerous lesions of the digestive tract.
Therefore, it’s advised to consult your dietician or doctor before using this type of diet, especially if you have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.